Monday, August 3, 2009

MutualArt.com art information resource

In art consulting one of the most important things you can do for yourself is to be constantly updated with news upcoming in the art world. By news I mean if there's any mention of emerging contemporary artists, gallery exhibitions to take note of, or important auctions that might interest clients.

This is easier said than done because there are so many art news sources to choose from. My favorites are Artforum and the Arts section of the New York Times, but this is not enough to get a well-rounded perspective of what is going on.

Luckily for us MutualArt.com came along to save the day (or simply to make our lives easier and more efficient.) This is a useful art resource website dedicated to collecting all worldwide art information news so readers can have one place to go to, login, and have updated articles featured everyday.

Even better than this it also tells you of art events in your area currently happening (gallery openings, museum exhibits, art auction house sales, educational programs, and so on.)

Also as an art consultant, I find that my clients have a variety of tastes (from art history periods, to preferred art mediums, nationality of artists, to where my clients are geographically located.) MutualArt.com provides the option of creating a personalized profile where you can pick your artistic preferences and cities and the news, articles, and events that pop-up on your main page will be relevant to your indicated preferences.

Therefore, every time I have a new client I update their preferences, city location, specific artists, and likes into my MutualArt profile so I can be aware of art events helping me become a better art consultant.
There are many art resources out there you can pick from, new technologies to help the art world function (such as ArtBase, ArtSystems) for better managing. This is simply a new addition!

Check out this video for MutualArt.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charles,nice to meet you artoholic ??? ; )
    In my opinion you are doing a great JOB...
    I Adore art and also my art(art painting)
    Keep going Artist.!!!

    Hermes H
    www.myspace.com/hermesh

    ReplyDelete